Stage 3: Preparing for an Emergency Call
Thankfully Emergencies don’t happen very often. But when they do, you want to get help fast.
Knowing what to expect and preparing yourself, could literally save you or someone else’s life. Within this stage you’ll learn to:
- Outline a number of ways that you can prepare yourself, home and family to make a call to the emergency services.
- Explain the different elements involved during an end-to-end emergency call.
- Provide an overview of making an emergency call using a standard phone.
- Describe the role of cell and mobile phones when making an emergency call and their drawbacks.
- How to setup optimize your smartphone to deal with emergency situations.
- Explain the issues associated with using VOIP to contact the emergency services.
- Provide an overview of how people use texting to engage with the emergency services.
- Introduce the concept of setting up your car to automatically call the emergency services when in a car crash situation.
- Describe how social media is having an impact on how the emergency services are communicating with the public.
- Understand the benefits of third-party smartphone apps for particular emergency situations.